It’s worth mentioning that apart from the passing of Day 21 into Day 22, nothing significant had occurred or changed. My circumstances were exactly the same as the day before, and frankly, some were less than ideal:
1. I was still technically “homeless,” living in an Airbnb I had rented after leaving the apartment my ex and I shared.
2. I was undecided about where I wanted to live, and whether I would move to a different country (third-culture kid problems).
3. I hadn’t adopted any new friends, activities, pets or hobbies.
4. I didn’t experience an upgrade in my professional or financial situation that would have been cause for a morale boost.
5. I wasn’t dating someone new.
6. And, no, I hadn’t just gotten laid.